Search This Blog

Friday 21 June 2013

WWW.BOOHOO.COM ....is the BOMB!

I have heard lots and lots of talk in my beauty groups about ASOS, which is a UK online retailer that offers clothes, shoes and accessories at a very very reasonable cost,  ships free and as long as you keep your order total low, you don't get hit with duties, but in all my browsing I really haven't found anything I love on that site that wasn't over $100.00, but with my recent obsession with Maxi Dresses (for hiding those unsightly love handles!) I knew I had to hunt some down, so I took to google to find some reasonably priced fun ones for summer! I came across another UK retailer that offers free shipping over $25 and promises no duties if your order is under $18 which is actually harder than it sounds on that website and is a pain since you need $25 to get the free shipping but I got a little excited last Friday (the 14th) and made an order for  this dress priced at $30, I figured I could test the waters to see if I would get charged duty for $30
* Picture Direct from Boohoo.com
I then got even more "outta control" and ordered this one as a separate order, again it was $30
* Picture Direct from Boohoo.com


They advertise delivery in 7 to 14 working days, after hastily making these purchases I ended up checking out their Facebook and noted that quite a few customers had been making inquiries regarding their order and the fact that they had been hit with duties, long shipping waits, and items being delivered direct to a customs house instead of home delivery, a quick web search also showed that some peeps have had delivery being attempted and then the item being sent back to the UK without a second try.............my heart broke a little inside as I had been really really excited. But I figured this is what happens when you jump in without So I settled into wait and since I was having it delivered to my office I kept a little stash of cash in my desk in case of duties.  I received notice on Sunday (the 16th) that my items had shipped and I looked at the tracking on Monday after I returned to work and my order showed an expected delivery date of Friday (the 21st) and I though "yeah right" not after everything I had read, I checked my tracking this morning and low and behold it ACTUALLY was supposed to be delivered today! and with our morning mail .....there were my much longed for Maxi Dresses! my next pleasant surprise was that there where no duties or additional charges whatsoever! My guess is that I think some of the other orders had not been broken down into separate purchases to avoid duty?


I tried one on in the bathroom at work as I was a bit nervous about the sizing, Boohoo shows you the UK sizing and the Canadian equivalent when you make your order, but still when you are shopping online at a retailer without having had a chance to try their product before it can be a bit nerve wracking and again I was amazed at the Fit and the Quality of the dress, I ordered a size up from my normal which translates in to a 14 UK ( talk about an ego bruiser!!) and other than it being a little loose in the hip area which for me is okay as that was a plus when it comes to Maxi Dresses while I wait for this 20 pds to melt off me...... LOL I think these will be very comfortable to wear! The quality was a bit better than I had expected, they should last for a few summers (I guess I will have to confirm after I wash them) and the only problem I have now, is I pledged myself to a three month no buy so I have to wait to make another order!!


For a Limited Time they have 25% off for Canadians, code is 25CAN use it at checkout! I recommend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment