Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 December 2013

December 2013 Wantable Intimates review

One of the beauty bloggers I follow recently posted that for Cyber Monday Wantable was offering a 2 for 1 deal, on new subscriptions, I have been secretly interested in trying out their new "intimates box" but hesitant to pull the trigger after the initial Canadian launch fiasco see link to post below

http://messylaughter.blogspot.ca/2013/06/wantable-new-subscription-box-open-to.html

I wasn't really overly impressed with the Jewelry box as I felt value for my money was lacking and cancelled after that first box (I still have not worn 2 of the 4 pieces and I only wore the other 2 once or twice), But I have been eyeing reviews of the Intimates box since its launch and coveting the pieces, though reviews are hard to judge as I am never sure if they send well known or popular bloggers better stuff than the average joe (Which I am) but decided that 2 boxes for the price of 1 would still be a great deal even if I disliked half of what I received.

Before I get into my review let me give you a little run down of how Wantable works

When you sign up for Wantable you get to pick your type of subscription, they offer a Make Up, Accessory and Intimates boxes, They then offer a quiz to determine your preferences and sizes (I was a bit concerned about the size issue, as I have been burned before with the panty subscriptions), its a great but simple quiz, and each month you can adjust it to further customize your boxes.

The cost for US subscribers is $36 USD, with Free shipping, but since I am Canadian, I pay extra for shipping AND because the value of the box is over the duty free limit, they charge a small customs fee, which I think is a fabulous idea, as some other U.S based subscriptions have left me with huge! customs charges (ahem FANCY) so my total cost was $45.26 and let me tell you it was worth EVERY PENNY!!


Looking at reviews there was one product I was really really hoping to receive

The Muk Luk Slipper Sock/Boot (Value $35-44)  http://muk-luks.com/


(INSERT IMAGE)

I love love love these, and can see myself wearing them all winter and even in the fall!, super cozy!!

Bella + Canvas Fleece Straight Leg Sweatpant (Value $34) http://www.bella.com



These are great, they are a little on the large side for me, but have a draw string, so I can work with that, I love being cozy and comfy at home, so these will defenitly get worn AND not being black, they won't show dog hair!!

PACT -Tomato Farm Stripe Crew Sock (Value reg $10, on sale for $4) http://www.wearpact.com




I received a gift pack of PACT socks last year from Golden Tote and I still love them, these socks are GREAT! They are super soft organic cotton, and I love the fact this is a company with a purpose, you can learn more about them here

http://www.wearpact.com/good-source/

AND I currently have a cart full from their website, I am thinking of pulling the trigger on.

Coobie Soft Bra - (Value $22) http://shopcoobie.com/shop?c=coobie-bras-full-size

This bra was nice, I was not fully blown away as I tend to need a bit of "support" and I think the large size lacked that, I should have gotten a medium (I have since updated by preferences on Wantable)


This one is the closest I could find on their website, its not exact though. Looking at the Cobbie website could also make me go broke LOL


All in all the value was just over $100, not including potential taxes and shipping so I am very pleased with my box and am really really looking forward to next month's box, and because of the sale it will only cost me shipping and duty! so less than $12 dollars (still kinda sneak a free box should be just that a free box)

If your interested in checking this subscription out, feel free to use my link

https://www.wantable.com/invite/pJ-YYCUX6kc

I paid for this box, from funds of my own, I was in no way compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment