Search This Blog

Monday 25 February 2013

Cross Border Shopping



I recently fell in love with a pair of sandals, I saw at my local Sportchek, but I was told they only had a size 7 and under in those particular sandals, some Google research I discovered that for some reason Sportchek only carries them up to a size 7? ....very strange.  Because I loved them so much I researched the Sandals and I could order direct from the manufacturer at a cost of $100.00, plus tax of $12 and Shipping of $7 for a grand total of $ 119.00.....EEEK, did I really love them that MUCH?

then I had an epiphany.... maybe I could find them online cheaper? well as it turns out I could!

Amazon.com (notice the .com) has them for $64.96, but with shipping taxes and duties my total would have been $97.09 to ship them direct to my house....hmmm still not a good enough deal, but that reminds me, I have a handy US Shipping depot, 10 mins away from my house just across the border, they charge me $3.50 per package for the privilege of shipping to their location, SCORE but while making that order I found these


Which at the time where on Sale for $27.50 -- They are now listed at $63.00!!!! and the manufacturer offers them for $95.00

So I ordered those as well LOL so with taxes, delivery and the receiving charge my total worked out to $107.32, STILL 11.68 cheaper than if I had ordered the 1 pair direct from the manufacturer............... I got $195.00 worth of shoes plus taxes and shipping so for a total of $225.40 and I only paid $107.32 for a savings of $118.08!!!!! Thats almost a 53% Savings!

I may never ever buy anything from a mall again :)






No comments:

Post a Comment