Search This Blog

Monday 25 February 2013

January Pop Sugar Must Have




Pop Sugar Must Have - January 2013

Pop Sugar is a U.S "Lifestyle" Sub that costs $35.00 U.S, and has free shipping IF you have a U.S Postal Address.  Now this sub is one that I have been eyeing for quite sometime, other bloggers have reviewed and raved about this sub as its usually a high value box filled with awesome and useful things. Plus I got $5.00 off my first box,

If you have not heard of Pop Sugar, it is a website that reports on many different things, Celebrity gossip and news, entertainment, fashion etc. Lisa Sugar has created a empire based on Pop Culture, so the must have box is touted as a curated collection of items that are "MUST HAVES" by the founder and editors of the Pop Sugar Website.

 I live right near the border and have a very handy shipping depot approximately 10 mins from my home, that  I can use as a U.S Delivery Address I decided to give this box a shot, now before I even got my shipping notification I had already seen spoilers of this box on MUT (Make Up Talk) so I was not overly excited to get this, and then shortly after it arrived, we suffered a family emergency so I left it at the depot for almost two months, which is why this review is late and precedes the February box review.

The Box that it comes in is cute: White and pink and all the items inside are wrapped in gorgeous pink tissue paper:  Inside was


I will start off with the most disappointing items:  3 Think Thin bars, Two Dark Choclate  Pop Bars (You heat up milk and dips the bars in and stir to create "Hot Chocolate" and a container of Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallows..... I really don't think I "Dig" food items in a sub, I m a little two picky about what I eat.

The box also contained an Epicuren Enzyme Tea Tree Lip Balm with SPF ($9.95 from Amazon) - I have a ton of Lip Balms from my beauty boxes so this goes in the drawer. There was also a code for a Castegram, Iphone cover, which I didn't need, but if you want it let me know!

Next was the the two  "Big Ticket" Items

1. Stott Pilates - 65cm Stabilty Ball - (approx $38.99 US, paid for the cost of the box with a little left over)

I am happy with this product, as I would love it introduce a fitness regime into my day to day and I did not have one currently, I always wander passed them in stores and think..... I should get that!

Link to the Product

http://www.merrithew.com/shop/ProductDetail/ST06033_Stability-Ball--65cm-green

2. Pop Sugar Special Edition Remix Timebomb watch (Approx Value $49.95, hard since this was a special edition)

This a cute items, but when I first took it out of the box, I wasn't sure that it was really for me.  Luckily for me I received the basic black model (there where some pretty bright neon's being sent out), this watch also flashes neon LED colors when you press a button and quite frankly it is HUGE.  But after wearing it a few times I have to tell you it has grown on me, and since I currently do not have a watch this works


Here is a link to a similar product, mine is only missing the X from the face, also the one on their website looks to be a bit better quality (this is hard to confirm from pictures as they wouldn't post terrible pictures right?)

http://www.xwatchco.com/shop/watches/sport/black-timebomb-sport.html

All in all I got my moneys worth, but I really wasn't blown away or overly excited about the box.



No comments:

Post a Comment