Search This Blog

Monday 25 February 2013

I have been a bad bad blogger............

So I know I sort of slacked off in the blogging department lately, life has been a bit crazy in our household, with Captain Amazing ending up in the hospital requiring emergency surgery, and just general laziness on my part, so there have been quite a few reviews of items that got missed :(, I pledge to do better at least for a couple of months till softball season starts and I lose my free time LOL  I am glad to report that Captain Amazing is out of the hospital and doing well (Yay!!) But what we discovered is that he suffers from Diverticulitis, and what is that you may ask?

Diverticulitis is small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that become inflamed or infected. Most often, these pouches are in the large intestine (colon).


One of these "Sacs" ended up rupturing in his colon and required emergency surgery to remove that section of his colon, and install a Colostomy Bag..... Which of course he is quite pleased about ;) he will require further surgery in 3 months to remove the colostomy, so we are plugging along and learning, what we need to change about out lifestyle and eating habits to ensure he avoids another attack.  So in honor of this and the fact that I have realized I would love to lose some weight (Especially since Cap't Amazing lost over 20 pounds during his illness) I will be adding a Foodie category to my blog! Expect lots of Yummy recipes, Pictures and of course some recipe fails  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment