Search This Blog

Friday 8 March 2013

Glymm - February 2013 - Epic fail!


I am not sure if you are aware of all the drama surrounding this sub lately, but I had decided to cancel my membership with Glymm in January due to the quality of the products being sent, changes to the terms of service without notice, 2 price increases in a 6 month period, some subscribers have been told by VISA while they were doing chargebacks that the company is bankrupt  and a SLEW of other things and this was supposed to be my second to last bag with Glymm as by the time I finally connected with their customer service, after sending two emails, I had already been charged for March as well since they charge a month ahead though they changed their shipping to the very end of the month from the beginning so you actually get charged twice before receiving the first bag :( Today being the 8th of March I have not even seen a tracking notice for the February bag, so I decided to contact both their customer care by email AND their FB as it seems posting on their facebook generates a faster response. 

This was my facebook post keep in mind I was very careful to avoid the term "You" and instead use "Glymm" so that it would not seem like a personal attack on their Facebook Staff but my frustration with the company as a whole

I am still waiting for my February bag, I have not even received a shipping notification yet, THIS is exactly what I talked about with customer service when I cancelled, as I was worried that since I cancelled my sub, Glymm would "conveniently" FORGET to send me the bags that I have already PAID FOR, I was assured by Glymm Customer Service that I would received a February and March bag since I have paid for them, your customer service is a complete joke, and I really hope you guys don't wonder why you cannot keep subscribers? I have also sent an email to your CS team, but it looks likes like I will have to do a charge back with my credit card company since you guys have decided not to provide me with the service I have paid for almost three months ago now"

They responded to me on FB within a half an hour

Melissa Mayer - Your box has been shipped, please private message us or email member services if you have not received it. We send all members bag that have been paid for no one is ever forgotten. We kindly ask that you speak to us in a respectful tone as member services does everything possible to help all members.  Thank you.


to which I posted 

Glymm I am pretty sure that my posts clearly states that I have not received it along with the fact that I have already emailed customer service, so would you like me to email it again? I am confused about the tone that you refer to? I was simply stating my feelings as to how "Respectfully" I have been treated? I have paid for a service that Glymm has not provided to me how is that "Respectful" in the least? The terms of service that I signed up for have been repeatedly been violated by Glymm, which is why I cancelled as there is a total and complete lack of respect for us as subscribers. So if you think I should apologize for being slightly upset about being lied to (if my package has been shipped where is my shipping notice? or a tracking number?) and paying for items in January that according to the terms of service should have been mailed in early February until Glymm changed it at the last minute, and that now in March I still have not received ? Or the fact that I have paid for in Glymm's words 

"Glymm works to ensure that samples are luxury and deluxe sized, meaning that they offer multiple uses so that you can really see the benefits of the product over a longer period of time. Also, each sample is hand-picked in accordance to your beauty profile. So eliminate the randomness of in-store samples and try the products you really would buy to actively improve your beauty regime!" 

and what I have actually received have been dried up tiny products that I cannot use. Then I respectfully refuse

Can you tell I am slightly pissed ? this months bag is I know from spoilers: repeat samples, a gross brown eye shadow and a UV GEL polish for professional use only (and you need to have a UV light for setting it) so its not the product that I care about, its the point of the thing, they have a terrible business model, horrible customer service, they lie to their subscribers, sell products they do not have in stock which causes MONTHS of Shipping delays for Store Orders until people ask for their money back and are they are just down right sneaky..............

THEN it turns out my bag was delivered today while I am at work, so I feel a little chagrined about my rant, but not too much since everything I said was true, I paid for February's Bag  on January 1 expecting it to arrive at the beginning of February as per my terms of service implied, when the day came and went that they were supposed to have all bags mailed out they quietly posted to their facebook that their shipping dates would now be the last day of the month, which for people who do not check facebook everyday or don not even have a facebook that was useless, as I didn't even see it and I am on facebook for hours a day!  so I was charged January 1 for the Feb Glymm Bag, February 1 for the March Glymm Bag AND if I had not have cancelled I would have been charged again March 1 for the April and all while not having received a thing from them. 

I am glad that this months bag which should arrive in April will be my last and final experience with this company. 


2 comments:

  1. I agree! customer service needs work...
    new blogger ...show some<3 brokeanddbeautiful.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got out at the right time - they folded this morning with a 'sorry folks' email. I've already changed my credit card and logged a dispute claim with my credit card company, and they have been fielding a LOT of calls today :)

    ReplyDelete