Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 March 2013

My 1st Starlooks Box


I first heard about Starlooks though one of the girls on the beauty groups I frequent on Facebook.  Starlooks is a make up line that offers a monthly sub of their own products for a cost of approx $19.50 including shipping, I have approximated the cost due to the fact that it is an U.S. sub and since the conversion rate changes a little the price can either go a little up or a little down.  This month was my first month  and it was also a Lauren Clark Special Edition,  and I have to say WOW, when I opened the mailer envelop I found this very cute little pink box.  Inside the box I already knew what I would find since I cannot seem to stay away from spoilers but I am still very very impressed both with the products and the quality.

The Picture is terrible I know, that is one of my new resolutions to work on!!

Contents:  (All pricing will be direct from the Starlooks website)

1. Lip Liner  - Tipsy  ($8.00)

This lip liner, went on very smoothly and was a great color for summer, I am not usually a lip person, but I definitely think that I will use this product to give my lips some color, and this may start a new trend for my beauty routine.

2.  HD Fluid Blush -  Cheeky Luscious ($14.00)

This wasn't a huge container but as I found out yesterday a tiny little bit of this goes an extremely long way, in fact I was a tad terrified.  A small bead was enough to give both cheeks a healthy glow.  The Color Pay off was amazing, I applied using my fingers to dab and blend.

3.  Lip Gloss -  Pink Oasis ($11.00)

I haven't tried this product yet,  but just looking at it in the container does not really impress me color wise, I will swatch when I get home, but I think this is going into my swap pile. 

4. Infinity Pot Liner: Satin - Princess Diaries ($15.00)

This is my favorite product out of the bunch, I am not sure I would ever use it as a liner, but while looking at spoilers on MUT, one of the girls has used this as an all over cream shadow and it looked amazing, so I gave it a try yesterday, I just used my finger to apply, though I would love to find a tool to use, so will be going to Shoppers today, as I do not like the idea of sticking my fingers in the pot to apply, yes my fingers are clean but it just sort of gives me the willies.  Looking at the starlooks website, I may just need to order this in EVERY color ;)

Total Value of the box  $48 U.S if purchased separately, and I paid $19.50 CA, this may be up there with Ipsy as being my new favorite sub, and I look forward to trying more products from this company

Have you tried Starlooks?

No comments:

Post a Comment