Search This Blog

Thursday 7 March 2013

Golden Tote February Sale!

This time when the sale rolled I wasn't too in love with the large tote choices, but one of the items from the smaller tote intrigued me.

So I grabbed the smaller tote for the first time!  My Shipping notice was received on February 15th and my tote finally arrived a little later than normal on March 6th, and for the first time I wasn't over the moon impressed with my tote.

I picked the thin blue and grey hoodie shown above (pic from Golden Tote) as my choice, and I have to say I am in LOVE with this item, I have had my tote for 36 hours and already worn it twice. The fit was amazing and it is super soft!, I wore it to the movies on Tuesday with jeans and then again yesterday with a pair of comfy pants, it looks great with either option and it is light enough that I will enjoy wearing it in the spring and summer months on those blustery days. <3 <3 <3

I only received one other clothing item which is within the guidelines of the service, but it was one of the choices from the larger tote.  I have just used the picture from the Golden Tote Website, although the one I received was an emerald color (yay for the Pantone color of the year) so its on trend, but my feeling is that I really hadn't wanted any of the items from the larger tote or I would have ordered it.  I haven't tried it on yet, as I am trying to work up the nerve,  it is not something I would pick out for myself as it seems boxy to me and my frame does not need to look boxy, but the idea of a boxy shift with some lace detailing is growing on me, it may look cute with a pencil skirt and a cardigan?

I think I would have much preferred an item from the larger totes extras, they received scarves, a basic layering tank and a lace bralet.    In my tote I also got some more hair ties, the ones made from a elastic that are not supposed to wreck your hair, I love them and can never have enough and a bottle of nail polish, which as you know I am already swimming in (Plus it sorta seems like an afterthought, it wasn't on trend color wise or anything) these items were just "fun" extras.

The smaller tote is $49.00 plus a $20.00 shipping charge (it actually costs them more than that to ship a tote to Canada, around $30 or $40, so I have a sneaking suspicion that this charge may rise soon), but I had a $15.00 credit so this tote ended up costing me $54.00, I am not sure that for me personally the value was there, I definitely do not think I would have been happy if it had cost me almost $70.00, This was my third order from Golden Tote with all of my other totes I have been ecstatic and felt that I definitely got more than what I paid for, I am not entirely sure if that is just how the smaller tote works as it was my first time ordering one, but I also kind of felt that the girls over at Golden Tote were not 100% dedicated to the February sale, with all the other things they have going on.

I realize that the last part of my review sounded pretty negative, but that does not mean I am done with Golden Tote by any means, in fact I am looking forward to the next sale as the concept is something I am really in love with and I have discovered a variety of items that I would not have chosen for myself but now wear on a regular basis.

The girls over at Golden Tote have been working on a website overhaul, which is expected to allow for more customization of totes, originally supposed to launch on February 28, but I think has been delayed along with the March sale till March 11.  They have posted some AMAZING spoiler pics from their next tote, so I am quietly sitting on my hands waiting for it to begin.  P.S it also looks like this month they will be offering an accessory tote as well! So my credit card better watch out!!

Here is a link to their facebook if you would like to check it out!

www.facebook.com/pages/Golden-Tote/135947516506384


and if you have any interest in trying it out, my referral link is below (no obligation to use it though)

http://mybuzzlink.com/bee/offer.htm?aId=1013&cIval=30&tt!pID=1723&tt!bD=1291592_1&overrideLanding=aHR0cDovL2dvbGRlbnRvdGUuY29tP3R0IXBJRD0xNzIzJnR0IWJEPTEyOTE1OTJfMQ%3D%3D




No comments:

Post a Comment